Postcolonial theory and the specter of capital is a 2013 book by the indian sociologist and new york university professor vivek chibber coming from the radical enlightenment tradition this book is a critique of postcolonial theory. Postcolonial theory has become enormously influential as a framework for understanding the global south it is also a school of thought popular because of its rejection of the supposedly universalizing categories of the enlightenment. Book reviews vivek chibber postcolonial theory and the specter of capital new york verso 2013 isbn 9781844679775 hbk isbn 9781844679768 pbk 320 pp. In an ideological world words rarely have unambiguous meanings where notions are inexact and have political value precisely because they are inexact and hence capable of suggesting a range of possible interpretations
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.